The law firm and its story
The law firm Freymond, Tschumy & Associés, also known as “the Grand-Chêne’s law firm”, from the name of the street where its historical address is located, has been active for more than a century.
The firm was founded in 1894 by Simon de Félice, a lawyer and professor at the Law Faculty of the University of Lausanne (1868-1935). Maurice Baudat (1888-1969), a partner since 1914 and President of the Bar from 1941 to 1944, practiced law until the end of his life. He was joined by Jean Reymond (1893-1960), President of the Bar from 1950 to 1953, then by Pierre Ramelet (1918-2018), President of the Bar from 1974 to 1976, Claude Reymond (1923-2011), Honorary Professor at the University of Lausanne, former Associate Professor at the Geneva Law School, and then by other lawyers.
Since then, the firm has continued to grow with the arrival of new partners. The firm currently has ten lawyers at the bar and two trainee-lawyers. Every lawyer is specialized in a specific field of law, which allows the firm to offer services in a broad field of activities.
The firm currently has two locations: its main location in Lausanne and a representative office in Nyon.